The Northern Gulf is expected to spend approximately US$ 1 trillion on a number of construction projects in the region over the coming 5-10 years. The projects will provide major business opportunities for companies in the interiors sector for the internal fit-out and design of these projects.
Hospitality and Commercial Developments include:
- 11 new properties across the region from Hilton Worldwide including Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
- 9 new properties from Accor in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
- Four Seasons, over the next few years, will open new hotels in Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain.
- Expansion in the Northern Gulf also planned for Marriott International and particularly Ritz Carlton.
- The FIFA World Cup in 2022 will require hospitality expansion in the Northern Gulf to deal with the spill over effects of the World Cup.
- The Wave, Muscat combines more than 4,000 properties, a 400-berth marina, a golf course, four premier hotels and new retail, leisure and dining outlets.
- The Saudi government will soon announce airport projects costing US$14.6 billion, with work set to take place over the next 20 years for Madinah and Jeddah.